A Sneak Peek at Disney Jollywood Nights
Get ready to celebrate the holidays in a whole new (and glamorous!) way at Walt Disney World! For the first time ever, Disney’s Hollywood Studios is hosting a Christmas celebration of their very own, Disney Jollywood Nights. This special ticketed event got underway on November 11, and will be welcoming Guests to a glitzy yuletide celebration through December 20. In addition to the dazzling decorations on display up and down Hollywood Boulevard, you’ll get to see all-new live stage shows, take part in special character greetings, and let your imaginations soar as you watch the “Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!” Nighttime spectacular finale. This Santa-sized nighttime spectacular stars the elf duo Wayne and Lanny from “Prep and Landing,” and is bursting with music, fireworks, special effects, and dazzling state-of-the-art projections. If all of this merriment stirs up a holiday appetite, don’t worry! You’ll find lots of delicious treats and cheerful beverages. And just like at the Magic Kingdom (when Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is underway), you’ll be able to ride your favorite attractions with little or no wait.
The entertainment line-up features two new shows. The Theater of the Stars (normally home to Beauty and the Beast – Live on Stage) has been transformed into a yuletide showplace for the presentation of “Disney Holidays in Hollywood.” This star-studded variety will take you back to the glamorous days of the Tinseltown holiday specials of old. You’ll be entertained by the likes of Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Tiana, Belle, Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, and Tiana, who sings a new song written especially for the occasion. Singers, dancers, and live jazz musicians join in on the merriment for a fun-filled holiday celebration straight out of classic Hollywood.
Meanwhile, you can gather for a holiday spooktacular at the Hyperion Theater, where Jack Skellington hosts “What’s This? Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas Sing-Along.” You can croon along to your favorite songs from “Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas” as you discover peculiar magic in unexpected places. Along the way, you’ll conquer Oogie Boogie and be encouraged to follow your curiosity.
Other highlights of Disney Jollywood Nights include:
• Enjoy the glitz and glamor of old-time Hollywood at the jazz lounge at The Hollywood Brown Derby and an other-worldly soiree at The Hollywood Tower Hotel Courtyard.
* You can dance to the beat of a holiday DJ mix at the park’s main entrance or take in a lively Latin Street Fair on Commissary Lane.
• Some of the attractions open during Jollywood nights include Slinky Dog Dash, Rock N’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith, The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, and Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run. Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will also be offering a virtual queue* during Disney Jollywood Nights.
• Meet Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, and the rest of the gang in Animation Courtyard on a hot set with dazzling holiday props.
• You can snap a selfie with Powerline Max and Phineas and Ferb at Echo Lake, or strike a stylish pose with Edna Mode and one of her super friends at Pixar Plaza.
• Photos of these and other unforgettable moments can be captured by the Disney PhotoPass team, with free digital downloads and two new PhotoPass experiences included with the price of event tickets.**
• Don’t forget to dress up in your Hollywood finest! Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, and friends are decked out in their stylish holiday attire designed just for this glitzy celebration. The new outfits celebrate the glitz and glamour of Hollywood, with vintage stylings to match.
Now, back to that food. As you wander about the Studios, you’ll discover a unique specialty menu offering delicacies such as Spicy Korean Chicken on a Mini Funnel Cake and sweet treats like a colorful Christmas Tree Cookie Stack inspired by the iconic Echo Lake Christmas Tree. You can also indulge in a classic cocktail or your choice of several specially-curated holiday beverages. Here are just a few samplings!
Spicy Korean Chicken Funnel Cake: Spicy fried Korean chicken with pickled vegetables served on a mini funnel cake at Dockside Diner
Also at the Dockside Diner, you can indulge in the Christmas Tree Cookie Stack: Vanilla cookie stack filled with pistachio buttercream, cranberry, and raspberry jam topped with sprinkles and a yellow candy star
Enjoy a stylish libation as the Twilight Soirée at The Tip-Top Club
- The 5th Dimension Royale: Teremana Blanco Tequila, Cointreau Liqueur, desert pear, agave nectar, and lime juice topped with Domaine Ste. Michelle Brut and garnished with a dehydrated blood orange wheel
- Twilight Daiquiri: Parrot Bay Coconut Rum, ube, lime juice, and a splash of shimmer
- Sparkling Pomegranate-Apple Cider: Pomegranate-green tea topped with sparkling apple cider and pomegranate seeds
- Domaine Ste. Michelle Brut
Try the Buffalo Chicken Spring Rolls at the Market: Fried spring rolls served with a jalapeño-ranch dipping sauce and fried rice noodles
Finally, here’s one more treat from the Dockside Diner, the Sandy Claws Hot Cocoa: “Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas”-inspired dark chocolate hot cocoa topped with cherry whipped cream (Non-alcoholic)
Now, let’s get all glamoured up and celebrate the holidays in true Hollywood style!!